Quick post to let you know that the cover story of this week’s Veja – the Time magazine of Brazil – is Eliana Tranchesi’s arrest and legal troubles. In the feature story we find out, among other things:
- Daslu occupies 20 000 square meters of posh floorspace
- Daslu sells 333 national and international brands, like Chanel, Prada and Louis Vuitton
- The store has a champagne bar and a space leased out for parties
- Annual sales dropped from 240 million reais (2005) to 160 million reais (2006) after Eliana Tranchesi’s first arrest in '05, but had since been climbing back up.
- Eliana hosted Valentino and Tom Ford in their recent visits to Brazil.
- Eliana has been condemned to 94 years in prison but the legal process might take more than 10 years to be resolved and chances are the sentence will be greatly reduced or even eliminated in the meantime.