Outlet Premium São Paulo, a new outlet shopping mall and the first of its kind in Brazil, has just opened near the city of Itu, about 1 hour away from São Paulo. The mall is part of the Outlet Premium chain, which has about 50 locations worldwide.
It will probably be a big hit: Brazilian love outlet centers and are frequent visitors in locations such as New York, Orlando and Las Vegas. It's a cultural thing: when Brazilians see discounted items, they just can't help it and usually buy furiously (yes, I'm included in this category).
The outlet will have more than 90 brands, which range from luxury ones such as Armani and Zegna to others like Diesel, Lacoste, Adidas and Nike. Many cool Brazilian brands will also be there: chic Trousseau (bed & bath), Track & Field (best local sportswear brand) and designer brands such as urban Ellus and Iodice, Carlos Miele's M. Officer, trendy and bohemian Isabela Capeto, Ricardo Almeida's suits and Zeferino's fashionable shoes.
The mall, located on the (excelent) Bandeirantes highway, will have open-air ambiance, inspired in the American centers. Discounts will vary between 40 e 80%.
Apart from Brazilian avid shoppers and "sacoleiras" (who buy tons of clothes to resell in their countryside towns), the mall will also attract families, since it's located next to two of Brazil's major theme parks: Hopi Hari e Wet'n Wild. An hotel from the Quality brand and a regular shopping mall, Shopping Serra Azul, are located in the same complex, and a resort is also planned.
OUTLET PREMIUM - RODOVIA DOS BANDEIRANTES, km 72 - SP
Other Fashion/Shopping posts:
- Marc Jacobs rocks the São Paulo fashion world and opens a flagship in town
- São Paulo Fashion Week: what is it?
- Rua Oscar Freire, in the Jardins district, has the best shopping
- The best beachwear: Lenny, Rosa Chá, Cia. Marítima
- Is/bella, Pelu, Jo de Mer and other Baixo Jardins finds
- Beach Couture: luxe beachwear in the Jardins district
- Christian Louboutin opens store in the Shopping Iguatemi mall
- Daslu, the Barneys New York of São Paulo: high luxe
- Who is Eliana Tranchesi, the owner of Daslu
- The flagship of Rio brand Farm, in Vila Madalena: a "living" lowrise designed by hyped architecture firm Triptyque
- São Paulo Fashion Week 2009: the official schedule of runway shows