Chef Paulo de Barros and partner Ida Maria Frank - who own the perennially full and successful Due Cuochi, just opened the French bistro Le Marais also in the Itaim district of São Paulo.
On the menu, everything you'd expect to find at a traditional bistro: quiches, mille-feuilles, ragouts, steak frittes, etc.
Le Marais - Rua Jerônimo da Veiga, 30, tel. 3071-2873
And more dining in São Paulo on this blog:
- Index of all the restaurants in Itaim, in alphabetical order
- Kinoshita, the best Japanese restaurant in São Paulo
- New restaurants, February 09: Dalva e Dito, Millesapori, Vito, Na Cozinha, Arturito
- A review of my first lunch at Vito, owned by chef André Mifano
- Maní, one of São Paulo's best restaurants
- Where to eat Brazilian food: Maní, Brasil a Gosto, Capim Santo, D.O.M., Dalva e Dito
- Quintal do Bráz: São Paulo's best pizza
- Dui, Bel Coelho's new restaurant, opens in May in the Jardins district
- Second outpost of P.J.Clarke's set to open in the Jardins district
- Tappo Trattoria, one of São Paulo's top Italian restaurants
- Gaston Acurio is set to open a La Mar Cevicheria in São Paulo
- Forneria San Paolo in the Daslu megastore: a disappointment
- La Casserole, classic French Bistro in the Old Downtown (Centro)
- Aizomê, voted by Veja São Paulo's dining guide best Japanese in town
- Alex Atala serves Amazonian ingredients to Spanish chefs at D.O.M.
- Interview with chef Alex Atala
- Dalva e Dito, Alex Atala's new restaurants in the Jardins district
- Full report of my lunch at Dalva e Dito, with photos