For those of you who choose to stay in Barra da Tijuca when you go to Rio, a good spot to visit is the Livraria da Travessa. It's located in the Barra shopping mall, but the good news is that you can take an independent elevator straight to the bookstore. It also has a café.
Livraria da Travessa: BarraShopping
Av. das Américas, 4.666
tel. (21) 2430-8100
Mon - Sat from 10 am to 11 pm
Sundays from noon to 10 pm
And more Rio dining on this blog:
- Roberta Sudbrack: the best chef in Rio?
- Terzetto Café: great breakfast spot in Ipanema
- The best restaurants in Rio according to the experts
- Bráz, Carlota... São Paulo restaurants open Rio outposts
- Where to eat bacalhau (cod): the best Portuguese restaurants
- Le Pré-Catalan at the Sofitel: when hotel dining is done right
- Bráz, São Paulo's best pizzeria, opens outpost in Barra da Tijuca