By Beatriz Tasso Fragoso, special contributor
First Brazilian top model to join the Victoria’s Secret team of “angels” – the lingerie-clad winged goddesses that strut the catwalk once a year for the world’s biggest televised fashion show – Ana Beatriz Barros is a green-eyed stunner from a small town in Minas Gerais state.
She splits her time between New York, São Paulo and runways on both sides of the Atlantic and made her name for starring in several Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issues and landing countless magazine covers. The latest two? Vogue Homme and Vogue España.
She’s not a big party girl, but on the rare occasions when she goes clubbing, favourite night spots include Disco, in São Paulo. She loves to dress up at night – heels are a must - but during the day, she prefers dressing down (jeans, flat sandals and a plain t-shirt are her standard get-up). Ana’s favourite shops in Brazil are Daslu, Forum, Reinaldo Lourenço and, for beachwear, Lenny.
Daslu: Av. Juscelino Kubitschek, 2041, São Paulo, tel. (55-11) 4841-4000
Click here to see map
Forum: Rua Oscar Freire, 916, São Paulo, tel. (55-11) 3085-6269
Reinaldo Lourenço: Rua Bela Cintra, 2167, Jardins
São Paulo Telefones 55 11 3085-8150 / 7755-2429
Lenny boutiques in Rio:
Lenny boutiques in São Paulo:
More São Paulo shopping on this blog:
- Outlet Premium, Brazil's first upscale outlet mall
- Marc Jacobs rocks the São Paulo fashion world and opens a flagship in town
- Rua Oscar Freire, in the Jardins district, has the best shopping
- The best beachwear: Lenny, Rosa Chá, Cia. Marítima
- Pelu, Jo de Mer and other Baixo Jardins finds
- Beach Couture: luxe beachwear in the Jardins district
- Christian Louboutin opens store in the Shopping Iguatemi mall
- Piva sisters open Pollignano al Mare shoe boutique in the Shopping Iguatemi mall
- Daslu, the Barneys New York of São Paulo: high luxe
- Who is Eliana Tranchesi, the owner of Daslu
- The flagship of Rio brand Farm, in Vila Madalena: a "living" lowrise designed by hyped architecture firm Triptyque