Very amusing review of the Fasano Rio hotel published in the New York Times...
Here's how they describe the scene:
"Slip past the phalanx of armored S.U.V.’s and enter a lobby enveloped in glass and billowing curtains, which everyone from Yoko Ono to Madonna has paraded through. These days, it’s filled mostly with dapper middle-age men and their svelte, much younger arm candy. Nestling poolside are playful honeymooners. Average age difference: 30 years."
And more on Rio hotels:
- The best hotels in Barra da Tijuca
- Sheraton has the best spa in Barra da Tijuca
- The Ouro Verde, in Copacabana: and old classic has gone downhill
- La Maison, in Gávea, is one of Rio's best places to stay
- The best hotels in Leblon, Rio
- The best hotels in Ipanema, Rio
- Hotel Fasano Rio, in Ipanema: the best in town
- The best hotels in Copacabana, Rio
- The best hotels in Santa Teresa, Rio
- The hotel Santa Teresa, in Santa Teresa, Rio: a full report with photos