Opened in December of 2008, Kaa is one of São Paulo's most beautiful restaurants. Huge, its trademark is the "live wall" covered with greenery. The menu has just been redone by one of the city's top chefs, Pascal Valero. Favourites include the ravioli of foie gras with mushrooms and truffle oil (R$ 54, pictured below) and the shrimp, zuchini flower and vegetable tempura (R$ 64).
Valero is not only a chef but also a pâtissier. He suggests for dessert a caramel tiramisù with coffee granita and hazelnut nougatine (R$ 15).
Here are other dishes featured on the menu:
Terrine de foie gras com flor de sal e marmelada de figo
Ravióli de foie gras e champignon com molho de Paris e azeite de trufas
Stinco de vitela assada com polenta mole de quirela, pinhões e cogumelos
Tortelini de bacalhau, bechamel de alho porro e molho de champignons
Camarões e legumes em tempurá ao mediterrâneo
Codornas recheadas, coulis de maça com açafrão e morcilha
Tiramisù de caramelo com granité de café e nougatine de avelãs
Kaa was designed by renowned architect Arthur Casas, and was inspired by the open-air lounges he saw in Ibiza, Miami and the Algarve.
Owners are Paulo Kress (who also has a great burguer place called General Prime Burger), the very in-vogue chef Paulo Barroso de Barros (Due Cuochi) and restaurateur Daniel Sahagoff (Cantaloup).
Av. Juscelino Kubitscheck, 279 – Vila Olímpia
Tel: (55-11) 3045-0043
More São Paulo dining on this blog:
- Index of all the restaurants in Itaim, in alphabetical order
- Kinoshita, the best Japanese restaurant in São Paulo
- New restaurants, February 09: Dalva e Dito, Millesapori, Vito, Na Cozinha, Arturito
- A review of my first lunch at Vito, owned by chef André Mifano
- Maní, one of São Paulo's best restaurants
- Where to eat Brazilian food: Maní, Brasil a Gosto, Capim Santo, D.O.M., Dalva e Dito
- Quintal do Bráz: São Paulo's best pizza
- Dui, Bel Coelho's new restaurant, opens in May in the Jardins district
- Second outpost of P.J.Clarke's set to open in the Jardins district
- Tappo Trattoria, one of São Paulo's top Italian restaurants
- Gaston Acurio is set to open a La Mar Cevicheria in São Paulo
- Forneria San Paolo in the Daslu megastore: a disappointment
- La Casserole, classic French Bistro in the Old Downtown (Centro)
- Alex Atala serves Amazonian ingredients to Spanish chefs at D.O.M.
- Interview with chef Alex Atala
- Dalva e Dito, Alex Atala's new restaurants in the Jardins district
- Full report of my lunch at Dalva e Dito, with photos